QMedia Privacy Notice
Updated as of January 23, 2008
To understand how we treat the information you give us as you use the QMedia Websites, you should read this policy.
- Non-Account Activity. You can view to The Q Tube Feeds without having a QNation.FM, Q Broadcasting, or QMedia Account.
- Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities on the QMedia websites require you to have a QMedia Account or be on our Mailing List. We ask for some personal information when you create a QMedia Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use the QMedia websites, the contacts you communicate with, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in (including UI elements, settings, and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account.
- Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your playback or profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the QMedia Websites, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Website, as well as provide special personalized features to you.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you send messages through the Website and other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out (as in the case of the Mailing List). We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the QMedia Websites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the QMedia Websites, in which case you can still view and explore the Website, but QMedia may not be able to provide certain services to you
- You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time.